Just found out she’s pregnant?
Our center has on staff male client advocates to listen and answer any questions you might have. Going to be a dad? Maybe you have questions of your own about pregnancy, fetal development, parenting, etc. We can help with that too!
Here is a list of things you can do right now:
- Listen: This is a hard time for both of you. Be sure to listen to how she is feeling, understanding that this is difficult and letting her know you care about what she is going through.
- Stay Calm: Now is not the time to overreact, to panic or get mad. Both of you are equally responsible and it is important to remember that. Stay calm, there is time to figure everything out.
- Talk about it: Talk to her. It is important to communicate with each other during this time. Also, talk to a client advocate. Our male client advocates are here to listen to you and talk you through any questions and concerns you may have.
- Get all the facts: Do some research. It is helpful to both of you to learn what you can about prenatal care, fetal development, parenting, financial planning or anything else you may need to know to make the best decision and prepare for the future.
- Be Honest: Now is not the time to hold things in. Be honest and realistic about the situation and how you both feel. Voice expectations and concerns and be truthful with her.